The Substance Abuse Counselor position will be responsible for milieu management under the direction of the Clinical Director. Responsibilities for the Substance Abuse Counselor position include facilitating program services, participating in individual sessions and facilitating group therapy sessions.
- Facilitating groups as assigned and documenting client participation.
- Providing crisis and/or supportive counseling, as needed.
- Greeting new clients and orienting them to campus as requested by Management.
- Assist with ASA (against staff advice) prevention and intervention, identifying early warning signs and accessing all resources.
- Completing all chart notes within 72 hours of service delivery, utilizing DAP format, as appropriate.
- Charting all process groups, didactic groups, individual counseling sessions, significant client interactions, and collateral contacts, as required.
- Completing incident reports as required and notifying appropriate administration when necessary.
- Must be fully licensed as an LCDC, LCDC-I, LPC, or other Qualified Credentialed Counselor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in the field of chemical dependency required
- Daring Way certification preferred
- Prior family counseling experience preferred