Houston Drug Rehab Center
Intensive Outpatient Program in Houston
Spots Available Today.
Our IOP Offers Convenient and Flexible Outpatient Drug Rehab
After completing an addiction treatment program at an inpatient rehab center, you will likely need some continued support as you proceed into a life on your own in recovery. However, you may not be able to commit to living in an alcohol and drug rehab center for 90 days. To better meet you where you are, we provide an intensive outpatient program in Houston that addresses the unique needs of individuals in early recovery.
Nova’s Houston IOP offers high-quality recovery support with the flexibility to attend school and work, or maintain other life obligations. Our Houston IOP meets three times a week at a convenient and safe location, or online through our virtual sessions. Within this clinical setting, we will provide additional addiction education, as well as time to explore personal issues and practice life skills in recovery.
Throughout the eight-week program, you’ll attend these group meetings with other individuals in recovery and discuss topics such as family dynamics, social skills, problem-solving, relapse prevention and more. This two-month intensive outpatient program in Houston is an excellent continuation of treatment following your time at a drug rehab center. If you are searching for continued recovery support in Houston, this outpatient program is an ideal solution with lasting benefits.
How Long Does IOP Take?
IOP at Nova Recovery Center lasts about eight weeks. Throughout the program, you’ll attend group meetings with other individuals in recovery and discuss topics such as family dynamics, social skills, problem-solving, relapse prevention, and more. This two-month intensive outpatient program in Houston is an excellent continuation of treatment following your time at a drug rehab center. If you are searching for continued recovery support in Houston, our outpatient program is an ideal solution with lasting benefits.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment That is Perfectly Aligned With Your Needs
Nova’s Houston IOP provides a number of benefits for individuals in recovery. While enrolled in outpatient rehab you can expect to gain the following things from our services:
- Remain accountable to your sobriety – After completing treatment at a drug rehab center, staying sober is difficult. Regardless of how determined you are, accountability is a key aspect of long-term sobriety. If you don’t have it, you are much more likely to relapse. Our Houston IOP will keep you accountable to the goals and commitments you’ve made in your sobriety.
- Develop a peer support community – Community support is also essential to long-term success. Our outpatient services offer strong, peer support as you manage the challenges of early recovery. Our IOP can also be combined with any local recovery support groups for an even more extensive recovery community.
- Gain important life skills – Tools and skills such as problem-solving, effective communication, and social relations can be used to enhance your relapse prevention strategies and ease the transition out of a rehab center and into sober life on your own. Our intensive outpatient program not only teaches you skills like these but also gives you time to practice them on your own.
- Experience Houston living – Houston is a great place to live and work, especially if you’re looking for a fresh start. The tropical, warm weather is reminiscent of Florida and the city brags a one-of-a-kind museum district, incredible food, and an extremely diverse population of residents.
Comprehensive Care for Extensive Personal Growth and Accountability
- Individual Drug Counseling – One-on-one counseling allows you to explore the life experiences and underlying causes that have contributed to your addiction. You’ll work with a counselor and recovery specialist weekly to investigate your substance abuse with honest self-assessment in a private and judgment-free environment.
- Group Counseling – Group counseling sessions provide valuable insight into your own behavior and provide opportunities to practice communicating respectfully and honestly with others. These sessions will also offer social reinforcement of the 12-Step principles as you work through them in treatment.
- Educational Lectures – Learn about a broad range of topics related to addiction and recovery through various formats for all learning styles. These lectures are not only informative, but the details you glean from them will help you better understand your addiction and how you can work to continue living a sober life.
- Experiential Therapy – Not everyone feels comfortable in one-on-one therapy sessions. Experiential Therapy puts you in a more relaxed environment, such as outside or in an art studio, where you can face difficult emotions and learn how to manage them without relying on drugs or alcohol.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – CBT is designed to help you stop the destructive behaviors in your life. With the help of a licensed therapist, you will apply CBT to develop important skills like self-monitoring, and stress management, and learn how to deal with cravings, triggers, and high-risk situations you may face.
- 12-Step Facilitation Therapy – This behavioral therapy goes hand-in-hand with working the 12-Step Program. It promotes long-term sobriety by providing guided deep exploration and self-assessment related to the principles of the program as you also continue to actively engage with a 12-Step peer support group.
- Contingency Management – This type of therapy uses tangible rewards to recognize positive behaviors, like staying sober or adhering to your program requirements. Examples include overnight passes to visit with family or extra recreation activities. Staff also use Contingency Management to acknowledge negative behaviors with personal reflection and productive discussion.
Receive Sober Guidance in a Thriving City Full of Opportunities
Houston is a great place to be sober! It provides many opportunities for personal growth, life advancements, and connections with other sober individuals. Here are just a few ways that establishing a life in Houston can be beneficial for your sobriety.
- Houston has a strong economy firmly rooted in the oil and gas industry. Additionally, many other industries such as medical services, education, and technology flourish in this area, so finding a job may be easier with more opportunities and stronger economic growth.
- The city boasts a low cost of living, plenty of employment opportunities, and several colleges and universities for clients who wish to continue their education during treatment. Going back to school or starting a new program is convenient for Houston IOP clients.
- There are many opportunities to get involved in the local recovery community as well, with hundreds of local Narcotics Anonymous meetings and more than 2,000 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings hosted each week in the Greater Houston area. There are also many sober meetups, social groups, and competitive sports teams that provide engaging ways to connect with other sober individuals in the city.
Houston is also full of fun sober recreation with countless parks, restaurants, local events, museums, and more. There is never a lack of fun and exciting things to do in this city and you don’t have to drink or use drugs to enjoy any of it.
Located in the Desirable Houston Heights Area
Nova’s Houston IOP office is located at 1010 Waverly St. Houston, TX 77008. The rehab center is located in a dynamic area of Houston, the Houston Heights and is also easily accessible via the local bus route.
100% Confidential Guarantee
Nova Recovery Center is dedicated to helping you or your loved one get help. Please call or fill out this form for a confidential consultation.
One of our understanding, dedicated advisors will contact you about your options. Begin healing today.