Long-term Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center90-day addiction treatment in Texas
A 90 day rehab program is also called a long-term treatment program. This type of program provides residential inpatient treatment for 90 days or more in a licensed facility. The modalities of treatment with 90 day rehabs vary but some of the primary programs use behavioral therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, art and music therapy , 12 step programming, traditional care, and relapse prevention. Aftercare options are also common with 90 day rehab program, common referred to as a continuum of care.
Studies from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) have shown that while shorter programs (30-60 days in length or less) can be effective for some; they were not long enough to truly resolve substance abuse problems for long term, severe, or heavily addicted users.
Today long-term treatment is considered to be one of the contributing principles that determine whether treatment is effective. In a researched based guide by NIDA called Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment, it is reported that those struggling with substance abuse need 90 days or more in a rehab facility to achieve the best results.” And, that spending this amount of time in treatment will “significantly reduce or stop their drug use.”
When To Choose A Long-Term Treatment Program
For some long-term treatment programs can seem like a huge commitment. The idea of leaving home, family, a job, or other ties to the environment may seem like a big sacrifice for the user and/or his loved ones. With that said, there are situations that require longer-term treatment like that offered through these types of facilities. These include:
- Any severe drug addiction. This can include crack cocaine, cocaine, heroin, heavy prescription abuse, methamphetamine, and even drugs like ecstasy, alcohol, and marijuana. With marijuana if the individual is a daily user or is smoking large amounts of the drug, it is strongly suggested that they enter a program lasting 90 days or more.
- Anyone who has been using drugs for an extended amount of time. Some experts suggest that someone who has been struggling with a substance abuse problem for more than 6 months to a year who cannot stop using, despite attempts, is a good candidate for a 90 day rehab.
- An individual who has tried shorter term programs and failed. For anyone who has experienced this first-hand, failing at rehab can be a difficult and frustrating process. However, the problem could be as simple as the fact that the treatment just was not long enough to produce the desired result or that it was not the right type of program to fit basic needs.
- Someone who has had major problems due to their abuse issues. This could be things like getting arrested, committing crimes because of addiction, suffering from an overdose, or other medical problem because of drug use.
Why Choose Long-Term Treatment
For the vast majority of people who are addicted, choosing the ‘right’ rehab can be a life or death situation. Finding a program with the highest level of care that allows the users to be in a drug free environment for a the longest period of time is often the ‘safest bet.’ If you have a loved one that is willing to receive rehabilitation for their substance abuse problem, the best decision you can make is to invest in a program that delivers long-term treatment and gets results like 90 day rehab program do.
Included in the Following:
- Experiential Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- 12 Step Facilitation Therapy
- Meditative Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Gender-specific treatment
- Evidenced-based treatment
- 12-Step immersion
- 90-day residential treatment
- Family program
- Full continuum of care
- Insurance and private pay
100% Confidential Guarantee
Nova Recovery Center is dedicated to helping you or your loved one get help. Please call or fill out this form for a confidential consultation. One of our understanding, dedicated advisors will contact you about your options. Begin healing today.