Table of contents
Going through detox and treatment for alcohol or drug abuse is an important first step on the road to recovery.1 It is, however, only the beginning of the sobriety journey. Once you complete formal treatment and return home, the reality of familiar people, places and things you associated with substance abuse comes crashing down. You need a safe harbor, a strong and supportive network to help you withstand the cravings and urges that are likely to surface, sometimes without warning and often with a vengeance.
Our continuum of care is a caring, evidence-based approach to help you achieve long-term sobriety. We’ve assisted thousands of people just like you do exactly that. Not only do you benefit from ongoing access to quality care, you’re connected with resources to ease your transition to everyday society. We offer a carefully strategized and individually tailored 15-month plan that can put you on the path toward effective long-term sobriety.
Components of our continuum of care
What’s involved in our Austin recovery center’s continuum of care? Some of the elements you already know, or suspect are part of it. These include:
- Detox and inpatient or long-term residential treatment2, during which you initially rid your body of toxic substances and then begin the process of formal treatment where you learn about the disease of addiction, receive individual and group counseling3, participate in psychosocial groups, engage in various treatment modalities and behavioral therapies4, enjoy therapeutic and calming alternative therapies, socialize and interact with others in recovery, begin attending 12-step meetings5 and more.
- Intensive outpatient treatment6, offered for those who are unable to participate in residential treatment due to time constraints, needing to be at home with family, work responsibilities or other reasons.
- Aftercare, during which you continue to receive much-needed support and encouragement after you complete the formal part of a residential treatment program in our drug rehab center.
- Sober living, an important transitional service where you live in a sober home and we help you with resources to combat chronic relapse, provide life coaches and ongoing mental health support so you can further strengthen your recovery foundation. Our sober living in Austin, Texas offers supportive homes and apartments for men, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Personal monitoring, available for the first year of your recovery following treatment, is access to continued support from our staff and interaction with a new community of sober friends to help you become stronger and more self-confident in sobriety.
Why ongoing support is so important to long-term sobriety
There’s no doubt that the process of getting clean and sober is different for everyone. Some know what to expect, having been through treatment before, while others find the prospect of going in for treatment downright scary, confusing and intimidating. What each person soon begins to realize, however, is that they’re not in this journey alone. Nor can they achieve and maintain long-term sobriety on their own. It’s also not enough to just get detoxed from drugs and alcohol in an alcohol treatment center or drug rehab center. Whether on an inpatient or outpatient basis, detox and treatment only sets up the next phase of the recovery journey.
You need more than that. You need ongoing support, access to professional counseling, resources for coping with the stresses and urges that may linger from your days in addiction. You need a buffer against the everyday world that you’re not yet strong enough to rejoin. Many people who are new to recovery desperately want a safe environment in which they can gradually gain strength and self-confidence as they practice healthier sober living techniques. Our continuum of care provides what you need every step of the way.7
It’s not the only way to recovery, yet it is a proven path that has allowed thousands of people new to sobriety maintain their foothold in recovery. If you’re searching for help for recovery in Austin, why leave long-term sobriety to chance? Take advantage of a comprehensive, integrated and long-term approach that can give you the best opportunity to achieve and maintain your goals for long-term sobriety. Contact us today to learn more about our alcohol and drug rehab in Austin.
Image used under license from Shutterstock.com