Sober Living in Houston, TX
Safe, Structured Homes for Men
Beds Available Today.
Eudaimonia Recovery Homes, a sister company of Nova Recovery Center, offers sober living houses for men and women in Houston, Texas. Houston is a great location for individuals who are recovering from a lifestyle of substance abuse to practice living sober on their own, with scores of employment opportunities, several colleges and universities for ongoing education, and local recovery support groups for continued support. Our Houston sober living homes provide the essential support and structure needed to continue the recovery journey in a healthy environment.
What Is a Sober Living Home?
Sober living homes provide gender-specific transitional living houses for people who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. The term “sober living home” is also often used interchangeably with terms like ¾ house, halfway house, or recovery house, which are all used to describe types of recovery residences.
Sober living homes are not a substitute for formal addiction treatment, but they do provide drug testing, recovery programming, and support services to help people transition out of treatment and back into society. Sober living programs can also be combined with 12-Step Programs like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA) to enhance the amount of support and accountability residents receive.
Residents of sober living homes pay a monthly fee, much like rent, and they are required to cook, contribute to household chores, and adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the staff. This also includes remaining sober and avoiding any use of addictive substances.
What Are the Benefits of a Sober Living Program?
- Supportive peer environment that encourages personal growth
- Ability to apply the skills learned in rehab
- Gradual increase of responsibilities and person freedom for a smoother transition into independent life
- Recovery-focused environment and guidance that reduces the risk of relapse
- Opportunity to establish solid relationships and a firm foundation in sobriety
Providing Extensive Support for Accountability-Driven Recovery
Eudaimonia sober living homes in Houston are much more than just houses to live in. We provide clients with access to all the essential support services they need to maintain long-term sobriety. The following services help individuals continue the recovery process long after their inpatient rehab program has ended.
- Three phase recovery program – Every resident participates in a phased recovery program that is designed to help them gradually assimilate into an independent lifestyle of sobriety. Through the program, residents gradually acclimate to increased responsibilities and personal freedoms as they establish a firm foundation in recovery.
- Certified peer recovery support program – Residents are paired with a certified peer recovery support specialized who has personal experience recovering from addiction. By meeting regularly and establishing a genuine relationship with the client, the specialist provides personalized support, guidance, and identifies risky behaviors early to avoid relapse.
- Structured living – Structured schedules, substance-free community rules, weekly house meetings, and an environment focused on accountability all help clients succeed in their sobriety. We also provide on-site house managers and off-site support staff to ensure that each sober living home remains safe, substance-free, and accountable while residents continue their recovery programs.
- Sober coaches – Support staff members work individually with each client to manage the objectives of their recovery program. These sober coaches are peers who have experienced the struggles of early recovery themselves and can provide valuable feedback and perspective based on personal circumstances and experiences.
- Recovery support programming – We provide employment, education, and volunteer assistance to help clients achieve their new goals in sobriety. Whether they need help finding employment opportunities or are struggling with a particular step in their 12-step group, our staff members are always available to offer assistance.
- Outpatient treatment services – For clients that need additional support, we also offer intensive outpatient treatment for sober living residents. Meetings are three times a week and can be combined with local recovery group meetings in the Houston area.
A Distraction-Free Environment Where You Can Focus on Your Recovery
Our gender-specific sober living homes in Houston, Texas offer a structured, substance-free, and safe living environment where you can continue to live out your sobriety in a supportive community setting. Our Houston locations are all located near local businesses such as grocery stores and restaurants, as well as bus routes for easy transportation.
At Eudaimonia, our program structure is specifically tailored for individuals in recovery, offering a safe, clean, and accountable sober living experience. This is achieved with on and off-site support staff, a tiered program model, and assigned program coordinators and house managers. Regular drug and alcohol screening also maintains a substance-free environment for everyone and substance abuse of any kind is not tolerated.
We Are In-Network With Most Insurance Companies for IOP Treatment
If you choose to enroll in IOP while you’re in sober living, you may opt to use your health insurance to supplement the cost of outpatient treatment. Please call (512) 363-5914 to verify your benefits over the phone. The process only takes a few minutes, is completely free, and confidential, and does not obligate you to commit to treatment.
Offering Comfortable and Spacious Accommodations in a Culturally-Rich City
Our men’s sober living home is in an area of Houston known as the Houston Heights. A historic and vibrant community, this area is home to many local events and has an abundance of different employment opportunities. Although our men’s home is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood off Heights Boulevard, transportation is easy and convenient with I-10 just 1.5 miles south and several bus stations throughout the Heights. There are also several grocery stores, restaurants, and retail locations within walking distance for residents who do not have a vehicle.
Additionally, Houston Community College is about five miles south and there are several outdoor parks nearby for recreation, like Discovery Green, Buffalo Bayou Park, and Woodland Park.
Our men’s sober living home in Houston is fully furnished with comfortable, modern furniture, plenty of seating areas, a full kitchen, and a gaming area where clients can play billiards, relax, and watch TV.
The shared living area is designed to be comfortable and spacious, with plenty of room to read, study, watch TV or socialize. Each bedroom is outfit with single platform beds, mini refrigerators for each client, and a flat-screen TV with cable. Clean bedding and linens are provided, along with ample space for clothing storage.
Our men’s apartment community in Houston also has Wi-Fi, washers, and dryers. Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, and cooking and eating utensils are supplied for clients’ convenience.
We Provide Excellence in All Areas With Nationally-Recognized Accreditation and Certification
We want you to feel confident that you or your loved one is in good hands. You can rest assured knowing that our company is associated with the following nationally-recognized organizations:
- NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- National Alliance for Recovery Residences
- Texas Recovery Oriented Housing Network
- Texas Association of Addiction Professionals
Enjoy Your New Sober Life in Houston, Texas
Houston is an amazing place to live sober. It’s one of the most populous cities in the U.S. and there are so many ways to experience life with countless parks, museums, restaurants, events, and more. Here are just a few of the perks of living in Houston.
- A growing, thriving city – The city of Houston has an extremely diverse population that is estimated to be 2,320,268 as of 2019. Due to its relatively low cost of living compared to other cities, it’s a very desirable place to be.
- A strong local economy – Houston is recognized worldwide for its oil and gas industry, but other economic bases in the city include biomedical research, aeronautics, and renewable energy. The University of Houston System also generates thousands of local jobs and there are many other employment opportunities in the city.
- Many educational opportunities – Going to school or continuing your education while enrolled in sober living is easier in Houston, due to the many educational options you have. Houston is not only home to the University of Houston, but also many other universities, colleges, and trade schools including Rice University, Houston Community College, and Texas Southern University among others.
- Many fun sober local activities – Having sober fun in Houston has never been easier. Whether you check out the Museum District, Theater District, Downtown Aquarium, Discovery Green, Buffalo Bayou Park, the Galleria, or hundreds of other options for recreation, you’re sure to find a variety of fun ways to spend your free time.
A Stress-Free Admissions Process
Eudaimonia offers a fast and easy admissions process for sober living residents. We understand that choosing and enrolling in a sober living program can be overwhelming, so we aim to make the process as stress-free as possible. If you are searching for a Houston sober living home for yourself or a loved one, we can help you determine which location would best suit your needs and help you enroll in any additional IOP or extended care options.
Our sober living programs are very affordable and we also work with several insurance providers. Please contact our admissions team to learn more about our sober living locations in Houston or to begin the enrollment process.
100% Confidential Guarantee
Nova Recovery Center is dedicated to helping you or your loved one get help. Please call or fill out this form for a confidential consultation.
One of our understanding, dedicated advisors will contact you about your options. Begin healing today.