Modifying Attitudes and Behaviors
Twelve-step facilitation therapy is an active engagement strategy designed to increase the likelihood of clients becoming affiliated with and actively involved in 12-step recovery groups, thereby promoting abstinence. Three key ideas predominate:
(1) acceptance, which includes the realization that drug addiction is a chronic, progressive disease over which one has no control, that life has become unmanageable because of drugs, that willpower alone is insufficient to overcome the problem, and that abstinence is the only alternative
(2) surrender, which involves giving oneself over to a higher power, accepting the fellowship and support structure of other recovering addicted individuals, and following the recovery activities laid out by the 12-step program
(3) active involvement in 12-step meetings and related activities.
This technique of behavioral therapy, can increase an individual’s opportunity at long-term recovery.
Actual Treatment Groups
Awareness Group– A recovery based group, designed with high accountability. Clients identify behaviors and have the opportunity to understand how their attitudes and actions, effect their family and friends. In addition, client analyze how these continued behaviors, effect their recovery community members. Once identified, clients make commitments to change their behaviors and ask the group to hold them accountable.
Big Book Study-This recovery based group is used a a group study, question and answer session, around the big book and the 12 steps associated with recovery.
12 & 12 Study– This recovery group, is designed to develop a better understanding of the 12 steps of recovery and the 12 traditions.
Used To Treat
- Alcohol Addiction
- Marijuana Addiction
- Synethic Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Methamphetamine Addiction
- Nicotine Addiction
- Stimulants Addiction
- Opioids Addiction
- Recovery Meetings
- Recovery Events
- Individual Sessions
- Group Sessions
- Reflective Assignments
Call Us Now and Begin Healing at 855.834.6682
Or you can fill out the form below.
- Gender-specific treatment
- Evidenced-based treatment
- 12-Step immersion
- 90-day residential treatment
- Family program
- Full continuum of care
- Insurance and private pay
100% Confidential Guarantee
Nova Recovery Center is dedicated to helping you or your loved one get help. Please call or fill out this form for a confidential consultation. One of our understanding, dedicated advisors will contact you about your options. Begin healing today.