Drug and Alcohol Detox in Houston, TX
Medically Assisted Detox and Stabilization in Houston, TX
Beds Available Today.
For many individuals, medically assisted detox is the first step of addiction treatment and is necessary to achieve a stable state of sobriety. Once a state of sobriety has been achieved, a person can effectively move on to the next stage of treatment, which may be eitherinpatient or outpatient rehab. Our detox center in Houston, Texas is an excellent place to begin your recovery journey and the healing process.
Detox Treatment Programs Offered
Briarwood Detox Center in Houston, Texas is a sister program of Nova Recovery Center, offering medically assisted drug and alcohol detox programs for men and women. These detox programs are designed to help individuals with substance abuse problems and addiction involving:
- Opiates and opioids
- Prescription drugs
- Synthetic drugs
Drug and alcohol detox programs at Briarwood Detox Center are specifically designed to meet each client’s physical, mental, and emotional needs while taking things like historical drug abuse, mental health issues, and current physical status into consideration. Briarwood clients are treated by a multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, and clinical therapists to ensure well-rounded detox treatment at all times.
The Stages of Detox
Before beginning your detox treatment at Briarwood Detox Center in Houston, our staff will welcome you with a tour of the detox center. This is simply to familiarize you with our facility and to make sure you feel comfortable and welcome. Immediately following your tour, a staff member will review your onboarding documents with you and your family. Then you will meet with a nurse for a physical evaluation. Your detox protocol will begin based on the results of that evaluation.
Drug and alcohol detox at Briarwood Detox Center in Houston can be broken down into the following three stages:
- Comprehensive assessment: At some point during your first day of treatment at Briarwood, you’ll complete a comprehensive clinical assessment, facilitated by one of our staff members. This assessment allows the doctor, nurses, and therapists to determine your needs and create a personalized detox program that will adequately address them.
- Supervised detox: At Briarwood Detox in Houston, the medical staff will monitor your progress 24/7 and treat any uncomfortable symptoms of drug withdrawal to ensure your personal safety and comfort at all times. If they find that your detox program needs to be adjusted to address your changing status, the necessary adjustments will be made.
- Individual and group counseling: Depending on your individual progress throughout your detox program, you may participate in individual and group counseling during your time at Briarwood. These sessions are focused on addressing your thoughts and emotions throughout detox and also serve as an opportunity to ask questions about withdrawal, drug detox, and the recovery process.
Briarwood staff will also keep family members abreast of any changes, updates, and progress with regular phone calls throughout the duration of your detox program. Your detox counselor is also available to respond to concerns and questions from family members.
Briarwood Detox Center in Houston is a welcoming and comfortable oasis in the heart of the Houston Heights where clients can truly focus on healing. Our quality of care is reflected in the generous amenities we offer, including:
- Comfortable, single platform beds
- Semi-private rooms
- Indoor and outdoor seating/lounge areas
- Quiet neighborhood
Briarwood Detox Center is located in the Houston Heights, just 20 minutes northwest of downtown. Houston, Texas boasts comfortable, warm weather throughout the majority of the year, making this detox center a great place to rest, relax, and heal.
Tucked away in central Houston, Briarwood Detox Center is convenient for clients who are seeking drug and alcohol detox inside the city limits. Located 30 minutes south of George Bush Intercontinental Airport and about 40 minutes northwest of William P. Hobby Airport, clients traveling from other areas of the country will also have an easy commute to our facility.
1019 Ashland St
- Gender-specific treatment
- Evidenced-based treatment
- 12-Step immersion
- 90-day residential treatment
- Family program
- Full continuum of care
- Insurance and private pay
100% Confidential Guarantee
Nova Recovery Center is dedicated to helping you or your loved one get help. Please call or fill out this form for a confidential consultation. One of our understanding, dedicated advisors will contact you about your options. Begin healing today.