The position assists with milieu management under the direction of the Recovery Advocate Supervisor and RADM with specific emphasis on monitoring client attendance at required program activities, monitoring and providing direction/redirection to clients regarding the structure of the program; modeling and supporting the client’s recovery process; and providing oral and written reports continually while on shift.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with milieu management under the direction of the RA Supervisor.
- Specific emphasis on monitoring client attendance at required program activities.
- Monitor and provide direction/redirection to clients regarding the structure of the program.
- Model and support the client’s recovery process.
- Monitor client self-administration of medication.
- Coordinate admissions with the admissions staff to ensure the safety of the client and the client environment.
- Complete daily checklist and reports any facility issues to supervisor.
- Recognizes crisis situations and provides appropriate interventions based on training and experience.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of information systems by the ability to:
- Maintain skill levels appropriate for current duties;
- Retrieve and send business related e-mails as needed;
- Utilize network access appropriately as per policy;
- Accurately document all pertinent information in the BestNotes system, or on the shift report as directed.
- Demonstrate competence in communication by the ability to:
- Maintain frequent contact with Shift Supervisor;
- Notify supervisor of any unscheduled absence prior to scheduled shift as required by policy;
- Interact with clients, visitors and staff in a professional manner;
- Preparing and distributing group attendance reports as required, and
- Keep the RAS informed of client behaviors and/or attitudes that could affect the client’s treatment.
- Demonstrate competence in the Safety Procedures of Nova Recovery LLC.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients, staff, and any other information this position may be privy to.
- Act as a representative of Nova Recovery LLC at work and in the community by representing a favorable image of the Company to all outside contacts with courteous and tactful behavior toward clients, visitors, and other staff.
- Dress in an appropriate manner according to the dress code.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Responsible for being at work, on time, per the established department schedule.
- Practice in compliance with the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Comply with all applicable Nova Recovery LLC Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties and/or special projects as assigned by Management.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires the ability to drive a company vehicle transporting our clients to outside meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires long periods of walking and standing, periodic sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. This position requires lifting and/or moving items up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position and the schedule will fluctuate between the day, afternoon and evening shift which also includes weekends and holidays.
This position may travel to other Nova locations in the State of Texas.
Must have the ability to interact warmly and professionally with individuals while maintaining appropriate boundaries. Excellent oral, scheduling, and communication skills are required. Prior experience with Windows operating systems is required. Ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision. Must have a valid Texas driver license and clean driving record to drive company vehicles.