The purpose of this position is to ensure the daily operations of the nursing department are maintained to promote quality of care to clients through assessment, medication management and direct client care.
- Delivers quality client care through assessment, monitoring and communicating observations and findings with physicians and other members of the treatment team.
- Coordinates admissions with Admissions Department and obtains admission orders from physicians.
- Monitors Client self-administration of medication.
- Promotes restoration of health, client and family education and serves as a client advocate.
- Maintains and adheres to established infection control/employee health program.
- Maintains compliance to all Nova policies and procedures, as well as, all state and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates with Nursing Coordinator and COO to keep all informed of current departmental activities, plans, and developments through both oral and written reports.
- Functions as a “house supervisor” in absence of other supervisory staff.
- Provides detox assessments, history and physical reports.
- Develops detox treatment.
- Coordinates emergency medical care for medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Ensures that documentation on all clients meets company and regulatory standards.
- Leads client education groups when scheduled.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and required trainings.
- Serves on various organizational teams/committees and consults with departments as needed.
- Coordinates lab work with venipuncture and medical appointments and referrals.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients, staff, and any other information this position may be privy to.
- Acts as a representative of Nova Recovery Center at work and in the community by representing a favorable image of the center to all outside contacts with courteous and tactful behavior toward clients, visitors, and other staff.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player by offering solutions to problems identified and participating in the Quality Assurance program, when appointed or able.
- Dresses in an appropriate manner according to the dress code.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Responsible for being at work, on time, per the established schedule, as applicable.
- Practices in compliance with the Code of Ethical Conduct within the employee handbook.
- Completes required in-service training and continuing education within required timelines.
- Complies with all applicable Nova Recovery Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties and/or special projects as assigned by Management.
This job operates in a nursing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. This position requires long periods of standing, periodic sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. This position requires lifting and/or moving items up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a PRN position and hours of work are scheduled by the Nursing Coordinator. The facility is open 7 days a week/24 hours a day/365 days a year and your schedule may include working weekends and holidays.
This position may travel to other Nova locations in the State of Texas.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent, Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Texas, experience with a 12 step program preferred.
Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong computer skills, and the ability to work with other departments within the Nova Recovery LLC programs. Ability to be a self-starter with minimal supervision.